Monty Cristo here.
We thought the five-disc Ultimate Edition was all there would be, period, right? Here's what we know is on this new 30th Anniversary Edition for sure:
Over 10 hours of bonus content
"Final Cut" feature on Blu-ray and DVD
Three additional feature versions on one disc, seamlessly branched
All new bonus content disc featuring the existing EC from the UCE plus
Photo Gallery with 1,000+ new images
"Dangerous Days" documentary
The Work Print feature version
Over 6 featurettes and more
“The #1 Sci-Fi Film of all time” marks itss return post 10 month moratorium with an all new 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD and UV 30th Anniversary commemorative gift set. Revisit the illustrious Final Cuton Blu-ray, DVD and get a UV copy of the feature. Additionally, the gift set features an all new concept spinner car for your collection, action Lenticular and a 72 page art production book with never-before-seen Ridley sketches, poster art and photos from the set.
Based on the above, this seems to largely be a reconfiguration of the stuff that we already have. So here's how the new set appears to break down:
- Disc 1: Blu-ray of The Final Cut (as it exists already)
- Disc 2: Blu-ray of US Theatrical, International Theatrical, and "Director's Cut" seamlessly branching on one disc (as it exists already)
- Disc 3: Blu-rayof Workprint Cut (UCE Disc 5), Dangerous Days documentary (UCE Disc 2), everything from the UCE "Enhancement Archive"(UCE Disc 4). This disc also includes a new Photo Gallery with "over 1000 new photos", and "more".
- Disc 4: DVD of The Final Cut
- An "all-new" Ultraviolet Copy (that you will likely not use)
- An "all-new" concept spinner car toy
- An "all-new" action lenticular
- An "all-new" 72-page photo book
Here are the guts of the 4-disc mega-ultra-special version all splayed out (check out the awesome unicorn cover of the plastic clamshell):
There's also a standalone 3-Blu-ray Digibook that includes the three Blu-rays above and nothing else. Here's the art: