I am – Hercules!!
“Futurama” begins its run of new episodes on Comedy Central tonight. Things to know:
* The first episode, written by series creator David X. Cohen, is hilarious, funnier than at least two of the made-for-DVD “Futurama” movies. The promo that’s been floating around was apparently designed to lower expectations.
* Fry will formulate a plan that will remind some of “Buffy’s” fifth season and others of “Caprica’s” first.
* There’s a massive mechanical cooter!
* Farnsworth is forced to stick a powerful surplus doomsday device in Bender. Bender is warned: “You must burn off the doomsday energy as fast as it’s produced!”
* Urinal surveillance tapes are employed.
* A cyclophage preserve is visited.
* Farnsworth’s poking stick alone was worth a few big laughs.
* Good news, everyone! A piece of dialogue from early in the first episode is cloaked in invisotext!
FRY: Fetal stem cells? Aren’t those controversial?
FARNSWORTH: In your time, yes! Nowadays? Shut up!”
* The second episode airing tonight, featuring a teleplay by someone named Carolyn Premish, is a Brannigan-centric parody of “Star Trek: The Motion Picture” and imagines what would happen if a space-collision turned an old TV V-chip into an all-powerful doomsday machine with Chris Elliott’s voice.
* One episode tonight features a naked Amy while the other features an orgy-craving Amy. Both episodes feature a naked Leela.
* Tonight we learn that Zapp Brannigan’s dreams are all episodes of a black and white serial titled “The Transcredible Exploits of Zapp Brannigan.”
* We learn also Kif’s sighs never get old.
* These are the first regular episodes since Aug. 10, 2003. Tune in, you swine!
10 p.m. Thursday. Comedy Central.
|Hooray For Zoidberg!|