Quint has NIGHT OF THE CREEPS DVD info... and what's this about a sequel?!?
Published at: June 14, 2009, 5:34 a.m. CST by quint
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here just back from an awesome night of creeping out the Alamo Drafthouse. The good folks at the Alamo put on the show and allowed me to host it. We had the cast including Jason Lively, Steve Marshall, Jill Whitlow and the man, the myth, the motherfucking legend Mr. Tom Atkins in attendance as well writer/director Fred Dekker. They screened this new transfer, not off of a DVD, but the actual High Def master with the original, previously only seen on bootlegs, ending.
It was a great night, the Q&A going nearly an hour and everybody, including Mr. Atkins, stayed until past one in the morning to sign autographs, take pictures and talk to the fans.
I was able to get the jump on some interesting info regarding the DVD that I wanted to share with you. But first, someone in the audience during the Q&A asked about a sequel and Fred Dekker asked if they wanted one, with the original cast returning. A resounding applause met this, of course. He later hinted at having written some ideas down for a sequel. Anything new from Dekker is awesome (he's apparently going to be directing a drama in the near future), but I'm a bit psyched at the idea of him returning to horror comedy, especially dipping back into a world I love so much. Would this mean Tom Atkins is going to need a twin brother? We'll see how this project evolves.
Now, let's look at some the DVD details:
- Release date is October 20th, 2009
- Sixty Minutes of Behind the Scenes featurettes:
- "Birth of Creeps" featuring Dekker talking about the origins of the project
- "Cast of the Creeps" featuring Jason Lively, Tom Atkins, Steve Marshall and Jill Whitlow
- "Creating The Creeps" featuring interviews with SFX creators David B. Miller and Robert Kurtzman
- A special Tom Atkins centric piece called "Tom Atkins: Man of Action"
- "Escape of the Creeps" a detailed look at the post-production.
- Deleted scenes
- Fred Dekker solo commentary
- Cast commentary featuring Atkins, Whitlow, Marshall and Lively
- The original theatrical ending
- And footage from tonight's Cast and Crew reunion screening at the Alamo Drafthouse.
The big question is to Blu or not to Blu. I am, of course, on the "fuck yes, I want a Blu-Ray" side. What about you?
Follow Me On Twitter